News for Youth, Youth Leaders & Parents
Our theme verses for this year are Romans 12:1-2.
- "I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect."
Our slogan is "Be Different"
- We are called to be different than what we once were because Jesus has changed us!
- We are also called to be different than the world around us because of our desire to follow Jesus with our life.
Summer Camp 2019
- June 5 : Ice Cream Olympics @ Church
- June 19 : Cook out @ Hard Labor Creek
- June 26 : Capture the Flag @ the Murphey's
- July 3 : Braves Game
- July 10 : Mega Relays @ Church
- July 15-19 : Summer Camp @ Covenant College
- July 24 : Hang out @ the Edge's
- July 31 : TBD
- August 7 : Annual Color War @ Church
Each month we will have a competition of who brings the most friends and the winner will win a $40 gift card!
To Love the Lord, Love Each Other, and Serve with Urgency
Matthew 22:36-37, "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Matthew 28:19-20, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."
Our Discipleship Strategy:
Draw Events - Fun events throughout the year (usually on a Wednesday night or a weekend) Exs. Redneck Olympics, Super Bowl Bash, Giant Slip-N-Slide, Etc.
Wednesday Night Youth - Fun, Loud, Relational, and the Gospel is our goal. To create an environment that lost kids want to come to, and tell them about Jesus.
Step #2 - Things we do to encourage youth to begin to grow in their knowledge and relationship with Jesus...
Sunday Morning Small Group Bible Study
Sunday Morning Worship Service
Step #3 - For those Youth who want to go deeper in relationship with other believers and with God...
Relationship Evangelism - Encouraging students to tell their friends about Jesus and invite them to come and hear more.
Student Leadership - leading small groups of middle school students, serving in the Kid's Ministry, leading worship for youth and adults, running a/v equipment...
Discipleship Groups - We have closed discipleship groups of about 3-5 students of the same gender and relative age, led by adults in our church. These groups are meant for students to grow closer to the Lord and relationally with each other. It is true, intentional discipleship.