News for Youth, Youth Leaders & Parents
We recognize it is not always easy to be thankful, but we are encouraging our students this year, that no matter what comes, what happens, God has called us to be THANKFUL.
Amidst a pandemic, we realized that gathering as a youth group would be easy not to do. But with time spent away and not being able to gather for 3 months, we did not want to delay gathering together any longer! We have taken precautions as we have gathered back together.
- First and foremost, if you have any symptoms of being sick or have been around somebody who has been sick, please stay home.
- We ask that students sit every other seat in the sanctuary so that nobody is sitting directly next to anybody else.
- We have encouraged students to hang out outside, when possible.
- We have left doors going in and out of the building open, so we are limiting mutual contact to surfaces.
- We are not currently serving food or drinks.
- Masks are recommended but not required.
We thank the Lord for His grace and that we have been gathering since June 17th, including a week of youth revival, and there have been 0 known positive cases among our youth group.
- We are offering 4 life groups at 9am (6th-7th grade, 8th-9th grade, 10th-11th grade, and 12th grade).
- Seniors are meeting room in 106, 10th-11th meet in 111, 8th-9th meet in 108, and 6th-7th meet in 110.
- At 10:45am, youth pastor Micah Lacey is readily available if there are students to be in a life group but currently, all youth are attending life group at 9am.
- Our teachers are Ashley Abercrombie, Tim & Sandy Howard, Noel & Nikki Anson, and Brad & Wendy Harper.
To Love the Lord, Love Each Other, Serve with Urgency, and Make disicples of others
Matthew 22:36-37, "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
Matthew 28:19-20, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."
Our Discipleship Strategy:
Draw Events - Fun events throughout the year (usually on a Wednesday night or a weekend) Exs. Redneck Olympics, Super Bowl Bash, Giant Slip-N-Slide, Etc.
Wednesday Night Youth - Fun, Loud, Relational, and the Gospel is our goal. To create an environment that lost kids want to come to, and tell them about Jesus.
Step #2 - Things we do to encourage youth to begin to grow in their knowledge and relationship with Jesus...
Sunday Morning Small Group Bible Study
Sunday Morning Worship Service
Step #3 - For those Youth who want to go deeper in relationship with other believers and with God...
Relationship Evangelism - Encouraging students to tell their friends about Jesus and invite them to come and hear more.
Student Leadership - leading small groups of middle school students, serving in the Kid's Ministry, leading worship for youth and adults, running a/v equipment...
Discipleship Groups - We have closed discipleship groups of about 3-5 students of the same gender and relative age, led by adults in our church. These groups are meant for students to grow closer to the Lord and relationally with each other. It is true, intentional discipleship.